Invest in Curaçao
Curaçao is an autonomous country within the Kingdom of the Netherlands and is a constitutional democracy. The Judiciary system forms an integral part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. Curaçao has an educated multilingual population with a safe living and working environment. The island has an open and market driven economy where foreign investors are allowed to own property where there are no restrictions with regards to repatriation of profits or invested capital.
The country has a very diversified economy with the following sectors as the most important ones are the international financial services, the tourism sector, trade and distribution, manufacturing, logistics, oil refinery and renewable energy, cultural and creative industries sector, technology and transnational education. The island is strategically situated outside the hurricane belt and has several large natural harbors. A well-developed harbor including a natural deep sea port, container terminal and dry dock with multiple connections from/to the Caribbean region as well as from/to South, Central and North America and the European Union.
Curaçao has an international airport with excellent air connections from to the Caribbean region as well as from/to South, Central, North America and the European Union and a state-of-the-art telecommunication infrastructure with 6+ sub-sea fiber cables.
11 reasons to buy a property in Curaçao:
- Stable government.
- Curaçao is attractive for investors: great location, a stable democracy, no hurricanes, modern facilities and constant economic growth.
- Offshore banking available. Many multinationals have established their headquarters in Curaçao.
- The current economic growth is expected to last at least another 10 to 15 years. This results in higher incomes and high return on investment.
- The Netherlands Antilles guilder has been pegged to the US dollar at the exchange rate of US$ 1.00= ANG. 1.78.
- The island has a tropical climate. The sun always shines, the average temperature is 80F and there are constant cool breezes and is out of the ‘huricane-belt’
- Curaçao is home to people of more than 50 nationalities!
- Low tax rates and attractive real estate prices.
- Curaçao has many beautifully restored monumental buildings, cruise ships arrive weekly at one of the terminals in Willemstad.
- White beaches and crystal clear water make the island popular with divers from the all over the world.
- The new airport terminal and several new hotel developments attract more tourists and more airlines to fly to this wonderful island.
At the time of publishing all information was found to be correct but please note that all of the above is solely for information purposes.